Orlando Amusement Park Accident Lawyer
The City of Orlando is known around the world for its amusement parks. In fact, about 60 million visitors walk through the gates of Walt Disney World, over 10 million head to Universal Studios Florida, and another five million visit SeaWorld each year. Most visitors to Orlando’s amusement parks leave with happy memories that will stay with them for a lifetime. Sometimes, however, a much-anticipated trip to an amusement park can end in tragedy because of an amusement park accident.
If you suffered injuries, or lost a loved one, in an Orlando amusement park accident, you may not know where to turn for help or what steps need to be taken to heal those injuries and preserve your rights. An Orlando amusement park accident lawyer at Bailey Fisher can help. We understand how difficult it can be to try and focus on healing your physical and emotional injuries while also worrying about the financial implications of the accident. At Bailey Fisher, we have the experience, commitment, and resources necessary to help you through your recovery and to identify and pursue the responsible party or parties. We will work tirelessly to ensure that you are fully and fairly compensated for all injuries suffered in an Orlando amusement park accident.
What Are Some Common Amusement Park Accident Injuries?
Within the amusement park industry, there has long been fierce competition to design and build the biggest, longest, and often the scariest ride. We don’t refer to them as “thrill rides” without cause after all. Nevertheless, we wait in long lines to ride these rides under the perfectly reasonable assumption that the adrenaline rush we get while on the ride is not caused by any true danger. When that assumption is proven wrong, and an amusement park accident occurs, the victim can face serious, even fatal, injuries such as:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Broken and fractured bones
- Soft tissue injuries
- Heart attack
- Organ damage
- Post-traumatic stress
What Are Common Causes of Orlando Amusement Park Accidents?
Given the complexity of many amusement park rides, the maintenance required to keep the ride running properly, and the level of supervision necessary to safely operate some of the most exciting rides, the potential for accidents becomes clear. Sometimes a single cause can be identified when an Orlando amusement park accident occurs while other times several factors contribute to creating the perfect storm. Some common contributing factors in an Orlando amusement park accident include:
- Defective design. Numerous safety issues must be considered during the design of an amusement park ride. Failing to consider or properly account for any of them could result in a defective design, making the ride or attraction dangerous from the moment it was built.
- Rider error. If a rider ignores posted safety precautions (such as height or weight requirements, health risks, or prohibited behavior while on a ride), the rider may contribute to the cause of an Orlando amusement park accident.
- Operator error. An amusement park has a legal duty to properly screen and train all ride operators. If an operator lacks that necessary training, becomes distracted while operating the ride, or fails to follow the established safety protocols, a horrendous amusement park accident can occur.
- Inadequate inspection/maintenance. Every amusement park ride should be inspected and maintained on a regular basis to ensure that it is operating correctly and safely. In fact, the entire amusement park must be regularly inspected and maintained to avoid hazards that can range from tripping hazards due to an uneven sidewalk to fall hazards because of a worn seatbelt on a roller coaster.
- Mechanical failure. A defect introduced during the manufacturing stage of an amusement park ride can lead to an accident caused by mechanical failure as can failing to properly repair and maintain a ride.
Who Is Responsible for Orlando Amusement Park Accidents?
One reason that amusement park accident cases are particularly complicated is that numerous parties may share in the legal responsibility for the accident. For example, anyone involved in the “chain of distribution” of an amusement park ride, or component part manufacturers of critical parts of the ride can potentially be held liable if a design defect or a manufacturing defect caused or contributed to the accident. This can include ride designers, manufacturers, installers, or other parties involved in the completed project.
When operator error or failure to inspect/maintain the property is the cause of an amusement park accident, the owner of the park may be held responsible for injuries sustained in the accident through a negligence lawsuit based on an employer’s liability for an employee’s negligence and/or under the legal theory known as “premises liability.” This legal liability may even be imposed when the owner was unaware of hazardous conditions but should have been aware.
Am I Entitled to Compensation for My Orlando Amusement Park Accident Injuries?
If you suffered physical, financial, or emotional injuries in an Orlando amusement park accident, you may be entitled to compensation from the responsible party or parties. That compensation may include both economic and non-economic damages that are intended to compensate you for things such as:
- Hospital and doctor bills
- Lost wages
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Physical pain, mental anguish, and emotional suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
If you lost a parent, child, or another family member in an Orlando amusement park accident, you may also be entitled to compensation in a Florida wrongful death lawsuit. Compensation may be available for things such as funeral and burial expenses, lost future income, and the loss of companionship and support.
Get Help from Orlando Amusement Park Accident Attorneys
If you suffered injuries, or lost a loved one, in an Orlando amusement park accident, an experienced Orlando amusement park accident lawyer at Bailey Fisher can help preserve your rights and pursue the responsible party (or parties) for compensation. We have witnessed the devastation an amusement park accident can bring to a victim and his or her family, and we are dedicated to helping you heal physically, financially, and emotionally.
At Bailey Fisher, our extensive experience, vast resources, and unrivaled commitment to helping injured victims allow us to aggressively pursue the maximum compensation possible for all your amusement park accident injuries.
Call us at 407-628-2929 or submit our online form today. One of our experienced Orlando amusement park accident attorneys will evaluate your case for free and advise you on the next steps.