Car Accident Lawyers for British Tourists Injured While on Holiday in Florida
With its warm climate, beautiful beaches, numerous golf courses and world-class amusement parks, Florida is an ideal vacation spot. However, if you’re driving anywhere in the state, it can also be a very dangerous place, as the following statistics show:
- The State of Florida has approximately 402,000 accidents a year.
- Of that 402,000, more than 105,000 are hit and run accidents.
- In 2019, there more than 254,873 injuries from accidents on Florida’s roadways.
- In the same year, there were 3,186 fatalities from crashes.
If you or a family member has been injured, or a family member was killed while driving on Florida’s roadways, you may be unsure about how to handle the situation from here. Many travelers from the UK turn to their travel agents for help, and their travel agents then contact leading personal injury lawyers in Florida.
As one of Orlando’s top personal injury law firms, Bailey Fisher has decades of experience helping people from the UK who have been seriously injured and the families of those who have died while on holiday in Florida. Our personal injury lawyers have witnessed the devastating effects that accidents have on tourists and their families and are committed to helping the victims navigate the complicated U.S. legal system. Let us help you gain a sense of security, hold the at-fault parties accountable for their negligence and secure the full financial compensation you deserve.
Causes of Florida Car Accidents
A motor vehicle crash can occur at any time for many reasons. However, according to the U.S. Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHSTA), the most common causes are related to negligent drivers:
- Impaired driving – Accidents due to impaired driving related to alcohol or drug usage have decreased in recent years across the U.S.; however, impaired driving remains a leading cause of vehicle crashes. In fact, impaired driving still accounts for more than 25 percent of all fatalities from motor vehicle accidents in the U.S.
- Distracted driving – Distracted driving, especially due to the use of handheld electronic devices, can be almost as dangerous as impaired driving. NHTSA data shows that approximately one in ten fatal crashes is caused by a distracted driver.
- Drowsy driving – A fatigued driver can be just as dangerous on the roadway as an impaired driver, especially when he is behind the wheel of a large commercial truck. Some traffic safety experts actually estimate that one in five fatal crashes involves a drowsy driver.
- Speeding – Speeding is consistently one of the top five leading causes of motor vehicle accidents across the U.S. Year after year, speeding is a factor in one out of every three accidents.
Injuries from Florida Car Accidents
Car accidents can cause numerous injuries to passengers and drivers. In a serious crash, multiple parts of the body, including the head, limbs and internal organs, can be injured. The most common car crash injuries include:
- Neck and Back injuries: The most common injuries suffered in a car crash are herniated and bulging discs in the neck and back. Herniated discs are usually permanent injuries that last throughout a person’s life, continually degenerating and often requiring surgery later in life.
- Broken bones: Broken bones can cause severe pain and require months of healing. These injuries can also cause loss of use of a limb, chronic pain and mobility difficulties.
- Burns: Accident victims can suffer serious burn injuries if their vehicles catch on fire because of the accident. These burn injuries can be very painful and can produce scarring and other physical problems.
- Brain injuries: Car accidents are a leading cause of traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), which can result in life-altering problems or death.
- Spinal cord injuries: Spinal cord injuries associated with car accidents can leave victims paralyzed or with numbness or lack of function in their limbs.
- Loss of limbs: The damage to an accident victim’s arms or legs can be so severe that amputation is necessary.
- Death: Florida has a complicated statutory Wrongful Death Act, and potential limitations of liability against vehicle owners depending upon the circumstances. There is also nationwide regulation that often applies to rental vehicles (hired cars). The interaction of these laws requires the knowledge, experience, and careful attention to detail that the attorneys at Bailey Fisher have used to help visitors from the U.K. seek financial recoveries for over 30 years.
Legal Recourse for Victims of Florida Car Accident Injuries
All car accidents are stressful, but injury accidents are especially devastating because of the necessary medical treatment, pain and suffering involved. Unfortunately, these problems can be exacerbated by having to deal with medical bills and insurance forms.
If you are unfamiliar with Florida’s healthcare system, insurance and laws, navigating through the maze of problems can seem impossible. Let the car accident lawyers at Bailey Fisher help.
Hopefully, we can ease some of your burden, putting our experience and resources to work for you and your family. We may be able to hold the negligent driver accountable and help you obtain compensation for your medical expenses (now and in the future), lost wages, decreased earning capacity, pain, suffering and diminished capacity to enjoy life.
Experienced Legal Help for British Tourists Injured in Florida Car Accidents
If you or a family member has been seriously injured in a car accident in Florida, or you have lost a loved one in a road traffic accident, the experienced Orlando personal injury lawyers at Bailey Fisher want to help you obtain justice and the compensation you deserve. We are the lawyers travel agents trust to help their British clients who get injured while on holiday, and we are committed to protecting your rights and helping you navigate the complicated Florida legal system.
We have extensive experience representing car accident victims, and we bring a strong sense of commitment to helping people who have suffered serious, often life-changing injuries due to someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing.
If you or a family member has been injured while driving on your Florida holiday to visit our amusement parks, beaches and other sights, we want to help you hold the responsible parties accountable for their negligence and help you obtain the compensation you deserve for all of your injury-related medical expenses, pain, suffering and losses.
Call us at 407-250-8630 or submit our online form today for a free case evaluation. One of our experienced Orlando car accident lawyers will listen closely to what happened and advise you on your best course of action. For viable personal injury cases, we will follow up with the necessary legal action to hold the responsible party accountable for their negligence and recover the financial compensation you deserve.
Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. (2020). Traffic crash reports: Crash dashboard.
U.S. Department of Transportation. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. (2019, Oct.) Traffic safety facts: Research note.