Orlando Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers for British Tourists
A slip and fall accident can happen to anyone at any time, resulting in serious, even fatal, injuries to the victim. When you are a British tourist on holiday in Orlando, suffering injuries in a slip and fall accident can be even more frightening because you have no experience with the medical and legal systems that you are now faced with navigating. Fortunately, help is available. At Bailey Fisher, our Orlando slip and fall accident lawyers for British tourists can review the facts that led to your accident, explain your legal options to you, and guide you through the legal steps involved in pursuing compensation for the party or parties responsible for the accident. We have the experience and resources to pursue the maximum compensation available and the commitment to seeking justice that is needed to ensure a just outcome for you and your family. Contact the team at Bailey Fisher today by calling 407-628-2929 or submit our online form to find out how we can help you.
What Kind of Injuries Might I Suffer in an Orlando Slip and Fall Accident?
Given the likelihood of a victim impacting with a hard surface, the likelihood of serious, potentially fatal, injuries in a slip and fall accident is higher than most people realize. In fact, one out of every five falls causes a serious injury, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and falls are the leading cause of traumatic brain injury (TBI). Injuries that the victim of an Orlando slip and fall accident might suffer include, but are not limited to:
- Spinal cord injury
- Soft tissue injury
- Fractured and broken bones
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI).
- Physical pain and scarring
- Permanent disfigurement
- Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
How Do Slip and Fall Accidents Happen?
Slip and fall accidents happen just as you might imagine they do. An unplanned event occurs, causing an individual to slip or trip, resulting in a fall. Despite using the term “accident,” not all slip and fall accidents stem from clumsiness. On the contrary, a significant number of these accidents could have been averted. Common scenarios that give rise to preventable slip or trip and fall accidents include:
- Liquid spills. When not promptly cleaned up, the presence of liquid on the floor poses a slip risk to anyone walking on the floor. Liquid might end up on the floor under a wide variety of circumstances, such as from drinks spilled in a bar or restaurant or liquids spilled when a container breaks in a grocery store.
- Obstructions in aisles. Boxes and merchandise are often left in aisles of retail stores and supermarkets during unloading and stocking. These boxes, along with other objects, can create tripping hazards.
- Water or ice on pathways. While a property owner cannot prevent the deluge of water that frequently accompanies storms during the Atlantic hurricane season, the owner does have the ability to – and obligation to — mitigate the risk of injuries by removing the water from floors and walkways as soon as possible.
- Exposed wiring plumbing, electrical cords, and other building materials: When temporary or permanent wiring, plumbing, or other building materials are not properly secured it can be easy for a visitor to trip over them.
- Uneven surfaces. Irregularities such as chips, cracks, and poorly laid concrete as well as warped wood and broken tiles can lead to an uneven walking surface, increasing the likelihood of trip and fall incidents.
- Unsecured mats, rugs, or carpets. Substandard workmanship during the installation of carpets along with rugs and mats that are not properly anchored, present a trip and fall hazard to anyone navigating the area.
- Poorly installed or malfunctioning handrails and stairs: Visitors to a property should be able to depend on the stability and functionality of stairs and handrails. When stairs or handrails are improperly installed or not repaired, when necessary, they create an elevated risk of falling.
Who Is Legally At Fault for the Injuries I Sustained in My Orlando Slip and Fall Accident?
In the United States, the area of the law known as “premises liability” potentially holds the owner or occupier of property legally liable for injuries sustained while a visitor is on the property if the owner/occupier’s negligence caused or contributed to the hazardous conditions that led to the visitor’s injuries. When the visitor is classified as a “business invitee,” the owner/occupier owes the visitor the highest duty of care under the law because the owner/occupier invited the visitor onto the property with the expectation of financial gain. The highest duty of care requires the owner/occupier to promptly remove or repair any known hazardous conditions on the property as well as hazardous conditions that the owner should have known about. When this duty of care is breached, the law may hold the owner/occupier legally liable for injuries sustained by a visitor to the property.
Am I Entitled to Compensation for My Orlando Slip and Fall Accident Injuries?
If you are a British tourist who was injured in an Orlando slip and fall accident while on holiday, you may have suffered physical injuries, emotional trauma, and financial hardship. Along with the expense of remaining in Orlando longer than planned, you may have lost significant income if your injuries left you unable to work for an extended period of time. In fact, slip and fall injuries are the primary cause of lost days of work.
The Orlando slip and fall accident lawyers for British tourists at Bailey Fisher can evaluate the circumstances of your accident and explain the steps required to identify the at-fault party (or parties) and hold them accountable. The at-fault party may be required to compensate you for things such as your medical and doctor bills, lost wages and income, travel expenses as well as the emotional trauma and subjective injuries you suffered because of the accident.
If you are the parent, spouse, or child of someone who was fatally injured in an Orlando slip and fall accident, you may also be eligible for compensation through a Florida wrongful death lawsuit.
How Orlando Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers for British Tourists Can Help
Your holiday to Orlando should provide you with a once-in-a-lifetime collection of happy memories to take home to the United Kingdom. When that holiday turns into the need to locate crucial medical treatment thousands of miles from home and the prospect of navigating an unfamiliar legal system, it is time to seek help from the Orlando slip and fall accident lawyers for British tourists at Bailey Fisher. We understand the challenges you are facing, and we look forward to using our experience, resources, and unwavering dedication to help ensure that you are fully and fairly compensated for all your injuries.
Call us at 407-628-2929 or submit our online form today. One of our experienced Orlando slip and fall accident lawyers for British tourist attorneys will evaluate your case for free and advise you on the next steps.